MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal puts you in control of your health care. It gives you secure access to your electronic medical record 24/7, and allows you to reach out to your Madigan health care team when and where it’s convenient for you. It's available on your computer, tablet or smartphone. The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal replaces TRICARE Online secure messaging, and RelayHealth, while you receive care at Madigan Army Medical Center.
Key Features and Benefits
- View your health information
- Exchange secure messages with your care team
- Request medical appointments
- Request prescription renewals
- View notes from your clinical visits and certain lab/test results, such as blood tests
If you have a current prescription with remaining refills, use the Madigan automated refill line, as usual, until those refills run out. You'll need to have your prescription number ready when calling (253) 968-2999.
There are two prerequisites for accessing the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal:
1. You need to have accessed care at a site using MHS GENESIS. This can be as simple as filling a prescription at Naval Hospital Bremerton, having an appointment with your provider in the clinic, or visiting the Madigan Emergency Department. All active duty personnel have a record of care established in MHS GENESIS during inprocessing at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
2. You will need to establish a DS Logon account by creating a username and password at the following website: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement.
*Please note: The process of completing the online application to establish a DS logon account takes approximately 10 minutes and some of questions may seem intrusive, but it’s to protect your information. The intent of asking for this level of information is to eliminate the chance of unauthorized access to your health information. This application only needs to be done once to establish your account. Active duty and any other personnel with a common access card, or CAC, may use that to login through the DS Logon site.
Note: All sponsors should validate “Relationship” settings to ensure spouses can select and view their dependent’s portal in their Patient Portal. To update visit: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement.
Establishing a DS LOGON and accessing the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
To create and then access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, visit https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil
- If you do not have a common access card (CAC) or a MyPay account, you will need to create a DS Logon account to access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal.
- To ensure MHS GENESIS can confirm your identity and provide the highest levels of cyber security and safeguards of your health information, you will be required to complete a brief verification process. You will be provided 3 minutes to complete a 4-question quiz to verify your identity. Responses may include providing your DoD ID number (found on your military ID Card), and some personal information including financial questions, past addresses, etc.
- You will create your MHS GENESIS Patient Portal password in the online registration process. A new password will need to be created every 180 days
- Once you have successfully created your DS Logon, click on "Upgrade To Premium Account" to upgrade your account to Premium Access to view your health information.
- Active duty military and families will need to keep your TRICARE Online accounts. When you PCS from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, your new duty station's military hospital or clinic may not be using MHS GENESIS yet.
For questions about the DS Logon
Note: When using a non-Department of Defense (DoD) computer, you may receive an error message. Click “Proceed” or “Continue” to access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal. Although you receive the error message, your MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is secure.