Welcome New Patients!
Whether you and your family are just arriving to your new assignment here in the Pacific Northwest or are coming home to Madigan Army Medical Center from local civilian care, we are pleased you and your family are becoming our valued patients in one of our Patient Centered Medical Home primary care clinics.
As a Madigan patient, we will provide you and your family a full range of comprehensive, safe, quality care as an engaged and empowered member of your health care team in a Patient Centered Medical Home environment promoting and improving your health and wellness.
Important Phone Numbers
Health Net Federal Services:
Madigan Referral Management Center
253-968-1145 option #5
Nurse Advice Line (always open):
(800) TRICARE (874-2273)
Puget Sound Military Appointment Center:
Beneficiary Counseling & Assistance Coordinators:
(253) 968-1145, option #3
253-968-1145, option #4.
TRICARE Enrollment – Act Now
Enroll soon! Without enrollment, you will not have coverage. If you choose to enroll into TRICARE Prime and live within a 30-minute drive to a Madigan primary care clinic, we will assign a Madigan primary care manager (PCM) closest to your residence.
To enroll, call Health Net Federal Services at 1-844-866-WEST (9378), Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. (PT).
If you live more than 30 minutes away, but less than 100 miles from a Madigan primary care clinic, you also have the option of enrollment to Madigan. Please contact Health Net Federal Services at (844) 866-9378 to enroll to a Madigan primary care clinic.
For any additional questions, please call (253) 968-1145, and press option #3.
*Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
Are your dependents enrolled? You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) to get your TRICARE benefit. DEERS is a database of information on uniformed services members (sponsors), U.S.-sponsored foreign military, DoD and uniformed services civilians, other personnel as directed by the DoD, and their family members. You need to register in DEERS to get TRICARE.
- Sponsors are automatically registered in DEERS
- Sponsors must register eligible family members
For more information about registering in DEERS, click here
As a valued patient at Madigan, you will enjoy:
Online Access: The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal puts you in control of your health care. It gives you secure access to your electronic medical record 24/7, and allows you to reach out to your Madigan health care team when and where it’s convenient for you. It's available on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
*The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal replaces TRICARE Online secure messaging, and RelayHealth, while you receive care at Madigan Army Medical Center.
There are two pre-requisites for accessing the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal:
1. You need to have accessed care at a site using MHS GENESIS. This can be as simple as filling a prescription at Naval Hospital Bremerton, having an appointment with your provider in the clinic, or visiting the Madigan Emergency Department. All active duty personnel have a record of care established in MHS GENESIS during inprocessing at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
2. You will need to establish a DS Logon account by creating a username and password at the following website: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement.
*Please note: The process of completing the online application to establish a DS logon account takes approximately 10 minutes and some of questions may seem intrusive, but it’s to protect your information. The intent of asking for this level of information is to eliminate the chance of unauthorized access to your health information. This application only needs to be done once to establish your account. Active duty and any other personnel with a common access card, or CAC, may use that to login through the DS Logon site.
Note: All sponsors should validate “Relationship” settings to ensure spouses can select and view their dependent’s portal in their Patient Portal. To update visit: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement
Visit our MHS GENESIS information page for details on getting started!
Key Features and Benefits of the Patient Portal
- View your health information
- Exchange secure messages with your care team
- Request medical appointments
- Request prescription renewals
- View notes from your clinical visits and certain lab/test results, such as blood tests
If you have a current prescription with remaining refills, use the Madigan automated refill line, as usual, until those refills run out. You'll need to have your prescription number ready when calling (253) 968-2999.
The Puget Sound Military Appointment Center
Need to schedule an appointment?
Contact The Puget Sound Military Appointment Center
Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Closed Federal Holidays
MHS Nurse Advice Line – Speak with a Registered Nurse 24/7:
Sometimes you need a quick answer to a health question, and it helps to have an expert to turn to. With the Military Health System (MHS) Nurse Advice Line, you can get advice from a registered nurse anytime, 24/7. Whether you’re worried about your sick child, not sure if you need an appointment, or need health care advice while traveling, the MHS Nurse Advice Line is only a phone call away. Call MHS Nurse Advice line for help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. (800) TRICARE (874-2273), Option 1.
Need To Contact A Specific Madigan Clinic or Service Not Listed?
Madigan Parking Options
- The Medical Mall North Purple Parking Lot is mostly for patient parking. Staff can park in the Medical Mall North Purple Parking Lot extension in front of the Fisher House. Directions: Turn off of Jackson Avenue onto Beaumont Avenue to enter the Medical Mall North Purple Parking Lot.
- The Hospital Tower East Yellow Parking Lot is only for patient parking, however, night shift staff are allowed to park in the outer "L" spaces. Directions: Turn off of Jackson Avenue onto Madigan Avenue to enter the Hospital Tower East Yellow Parking Lot.
- The Southeast Blue Parking Lot is for staff and patient parking. Directions: Turn off of Jackson Avenue onto Fitzsimmons Drive to enter the Southeast Blue Parking Lot.
- The Southwest Orange Parking Lot is for staff and patient parking. Directions: Turn off of Gardner Loop Road to enter the Southwest Orange Parking Lot. The Pierce County Transit Center is also located here.
- The West Red Parking Lot is for staff and patient parking. Directions: Turn off of Gardner Loop Road to enter the West Red Parking Lot.
- The WTB Green Parking Lot is for WTB Soldiers and Cadre. Directions: Turn off of Gardner Loop Road to enter the WTB Parking Lot.
- Staff Overflow Black Parking Lots is for staff parking. Directions: Turn off of Gardner Loop Road to enter the Staff Overflow Parking Lots.
*Limited entry points: We want Madigan’s patients to be aware, the following entrances are the only points of access to enter the facility at this time: The Main Hospital Tower entrance at the flag pole is accessible 7 days-a-week from 6:00a.m. – 7:00p.m., the Main Medical Mall entrance (near the Main Outpatient Pharmacy) is accessible Monday-Friday, 6:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., and the Southwest entrance is open 24/7. Please note, patients seeking emergency medical treatment in Madigan’s Emergency room can still directly access our emergency room.
Exceptional Family Member Program
Military families deal with a lot of transitions, which can be especially tough for people with special needs. The Department of Defense’s Exceptional Family Member Program exists to ensure dependents with special needs get the care and services they need, and to help make transitions easier. Click here to learn more about EFMP.
Making Enrollment Changes Outside of Open Season
Outside of TRICARE Open Season, you can enroll in or change enrollment to TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select following a Qualifying Life Event (QLE).
A QLE is a certain change in your life, such as marriage, birth of a child, or retirement from active duty, which may mean different TRICARE options are available to you. A TRICARE QLE opens a 90-day period for you to make eligible enrollment changes. A QLE for one family member means all family members may make enrollment changes. To learn more, visit TRICARE Life Events.
Retiree (FEDVIP) Dental and Vision Plans
As of Jan. 1, 2019, dental and vision plans are available through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), offered by the Office of Personnel Management.
Not sure if you’re eligible? You can check by using the FEDVIP Eligibility Checker.
How do I enroll or change my FEDVIP plan?
- You can enroll in, change, or cancel a FEDVIP dental and/or vision plan during the next FEDVIP open season (it occurs each fall) or after experiencing a FEDVIP qualifying life event (QLE).
Remember, FEDVIP QLEs may be different from the TRICARE QLEs. For a complete list of FEDVIP QLEs, please vist the BENEFEDS website.