Pediatric Specialty Clinic
Located on the first floor of the Medical Mall at Madigan Army Medical Center. Patients can park in the Medical Mall (Purple) parking lot and enter through either the pharmacy or the pediatrics entrances. Check-in at the Pediatric Specialty area.
Military families are faced with unique circumstances like deployments, extended separation and a constant state of change. Often times, children bear a lot of physical, emotional and mental weight as a result of military life causing health problems and concerns, and the treatment of those issues can become hard with military moves and relocations. The Madigan Pediatric Specialty Clinic understands these issues and is committed to partnering with parents and caregivers to ensure that both our patients and their families are treated with respect and compassion and provided the utmost safe and quality care.
The Madigan Army Medical Center Pediatric Specialty Service is staffed by board certified pediatric specialists and certified nurse practitioners, pediatric resident physicians, nurses, and support staff who care for dependents of military personnel who require medical care by a pediatric specialist. Madigan has the only tri-service Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship Program in the Department of Defense, and the only tri-service DoD health readiness platform with a clinic for adults with developmental disabilities.
The Madigan Pediatric Specialty Service provides acute, chronic, and preventative pediatric specialty care to all eligible military dependent patients. All patients need to have a consultation placed by a medical provider prior to having a Pediatric Specialty Clinic office visit scheduled, except for the Pediatric Travel Clinic.
Madigan offers a wide variety of specialty services for children, whether in the Pediatric Specialty Care Clinic or other specialty clinics in the hospital:
Specialty Care Services
- Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics
- Infectious Disease/Family Travel Clinic
- Physical Therapy
- Infusion Services
- Intensive Care Units - NICU, PICU
- Newborn Nursery
- Pediatric Sedation Services
- Pediatric Ward
Pediatric Surgical Services
- Pediatric Surgery
- Special Needs Dentistry
- Behavioral Health (Psychiatry/Psychology)
- Case Management
- Pediatric Pharmacy
- Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Speech Evaluations
- Social Work
- Aerodigestive Clinic
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic
- Children's Oncology Group
- Complex Congenital Heart Disease Clinic
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Affiliate Center
- Diabetes Clinic
- Exceptional Family Member Program
- Faith Clinic
- High Risk Infant-Toddler Clinic
- Neuromuscular Clinic
- Optimal Weight for Life Clinic
Consultations and Referrals
Once the consultation/referral has been placed by your child's primary care provider, please contact the Pediatric Specialty Care Clinic at 253-968-2310 approximately 3 days after the consult has been processed in order to schedule the initial consultation appointment. Travel Clinic appointments can be made without a referral.
- Ease of Access: Co-located specialists and ancillary support staff. Certain specialists provide outreach clinics at Naval Hospital Bremerton and tele-medicine appointments for virtual visits.
- Electronic Medical Records: Documentation of visits are automatically entered in to the permanent medical record for instant access by providers in the military health system world-wide. That means reports of your appointments and treatment plans will be available for your providers when you PCS away from JBLM.
- Prime Travel Benefit: If your child is referred to a pediatric specialist more than 100 miles from your primary care provider's office, you may qualify for reimbursement of travel and lodging costs. Contact your local TRICARE Benefits Advisor or call 1-800-449-6408 for more information.