Interdisciplinary Pain Management Center (IPMC)
The Madigan Interdisciplinary Pain Management Center is located at Madigan Army Medical Center and can be reached by taking I-5 Exit 122. Continue through the Madigan Gate, going past two signal lights and turning right onto Madigan Avenue and parking in the Hospital Tower East Yellow Parking Lot. Enter the Hospital Tower and take the elevator to the 8th Floor. The Interdisciplinary Pain Management Center is located in the north side of the 8th Floor.
The Interdisciplinary Pain Management Center is an innovative service that provides active duty service members only, who are suffering with pain by an outpatient team-based care which may include medication management, interventional pain interventions, health psychology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, Yoga therapy, medical massage and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
The IPMC offers a functional restoration program for service members with significant functional impairment due to a pain condition. An important mission of the IPMC is to provide primary care outreach to support pain management at the primary care level.
The Interdisciplinary Pain Management Center offers the following services:
- Intake service
- Functional restoration
- Nursing Case Management / care for each tier of treatment plans
- Individualized and group disease education, promoting self-management
- Medication evaluation with recommendation to the service member's Primary Care Manager.
- Life style change recommendation for self-management of chronic pain
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Cognitive behavioral group therapy
- Interventional pain
- Tele-health consultation