Madigan Army Medical Center has several pharmacies available on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. These pharmacies are located in Madigan Army Medical Center, on JBLM Lewis Main, JBLM Lewis North, and McChord Field. At all locations, when picking up prescriptions, you must have a military ID card for all patients’ ages 10 years and older. A photocopy of the patient's ID card may be used to pick up prescriptions.
Electronic prescriptions now accepted!
JBLM pharmacies now accept electronic prescriptions from providers located outside of the installation. Providers, please select the site "DOD MADIGAN JBLM FT LEWIS EPHCY" for all JBLM pharmacies. Please note that we currently cannot accept controlled medications electronically.
Madigan’s Message to Patients on our COVID-19 response and changes in operations at the Main Pharmacy:
We want our patients to be aware that due to the rapidly evolving developments related to the current national emergency concerning the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak, Madigan has taken many precautions to protect our patients, staff and the JBLM community. As a result, there have been many changes here at Madigan and we apologize for any confusion, or delays during your visit to our Main Outpatient Pharmacy. All prior messages regarding the Main Outpatient Pharmacy are now obsolete.
As of Monday March 23, 2020: The Main Hospital’s Outpatient Pharmacy lobby and the Walk-Up Refill Pharmacy located in the Main Hospital have both been closed until further notice.
The Pharmacy Drive-Thru located at the Main Hospital is the sole prescription preparation and pick-up point.
*Update: As of September 3, 2020: Patients assigned to South Sound and Puyallup Community Based Medical Homes, can now pick up their medication refills at their assigned clinic.
Madigan Outpatient Drive-Thru Pharmacy Hours as of October 20, 2020 are as follows:
6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(The Madigan Drive-Thru Pharmacy is CLOSED on Sundays.)
Madigan Drive-Thru Pharmacy Tips
- Despite making every effort to minimize the impact to our patients, and reducing wait times recently, unfortunately expect wait times at the Madigan Drive-Thru pharmacy.
- If you turn your vehicle engine off while waiting in line, we strongly recommend you not leave your radio on because we have had several patients experience battery-related drainage events. If you have a mobile phone, it may be best to listen to music on that device while waiting in line if your vehicle is not running.
Questions? Call Madigan's Pharmacy Call Center & Prescription Transfer Information Line: 253-968-2586
Pharmacy questions, such as “Is my medication ready?”, “Did you receive a prescription from my doctor?”, or any others, contact Madigan’s Pharmacy Call Center at 253-968-2586.
- The Call Center hours of operation are Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Questions? Call the Pharmacy Call Center first, our staff will assist you!
- Contact the Madigan Pharmacy Call Center for requests to transfer your prescription to a retail pharmacy.
How To Refill Your Prescriptions
Pharmacy refills are filled by calling the automated refill line at 253-968-2999. Prescriptions will be ready in 3 business days. As of March 23, 2020, all refills are mandatory call-in-advance. This allows us time to prepare your prescription for pick-up.
With the convenience and ease of the TRICARE Home Delivery Pharmacy Program, you can spend less time waiting at the pharmacy and more time with family and friends.
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
to look-up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
To start your search, you’ll need to put in the brand name or generic name of the drug and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.