Madigan Consolidated Education
From the Madigan Gate, turn left at the third traffic light on to Wilson Road. Continue past Keeler Gym and the Special Forces compound, turn left on to West Hayes or West Johnson and park near Building 9932A/9932B.
Madigan Consolidated Education Department (MCED) is a resource for all hospital education, training, and staff development, excluding Graduate Medical Education. Founded in 1994, MCED ensures centralized oversight of a broad range of educational programs, professional training, continuing education, medic and nurse specialty courses, and doctoral-level advanced practice education. MCED’s goal is to support readiness, provide requisite knowledge/skills to our staff and deliver relevant evidence-based education to optimize healthcare outcomes for our patients.
Staff & Leadership Development
- New Employee Orientation
- Mandatory Annual Training
- Birth-month Annual Training
- Competency Assessment Folder Training
- Nurse Preceptor Course
- Charge Nurse Course
- Chemo Course
- IV Phlebotomy (part 1)
- IV Therapy (part 2)
- Nursing Orientation & Skills Lab
- Venous Access Device (VAD)
- Staff Development offerings
- Leadership Development opportunities
Life Support & Trauma
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLC)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Primary Emergency Action and Respose Support (PEARS)
- Trauma Nurse Care Course (TNCC)
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Code Management
Medical Simulation Training Center
For more information about the Medical Simulation Training Center please visit their web page.
- Medic Sustainment Refresher Course (MSR)
- Medic Proficiency Training (MPT)
- Special Operations Command Training (SOCT)
For more information about Military Occupational Specialty 68 Series Phase II Medic & Tech Programs Training please visit their web page.
Nursing Education Programs
For more information about Nurse Education Programs, please visit their web page.
Graduate Nurse Education
For more information about Graduate Nurse Education please visit their web page.
International Military Student Office
Oversees the Department of Defense Security Cooperation Education & Training Programs
- Online training
Civilian Human Resources Training
- U.S. Army Civilian Education System
- Career Program 53 (medical careers)
- Supervisor Development Courses
Continuing Education Offerings
- Continuing Medical Education
- Grand Rounds
- Authorized approval authority for AN-CHEP and WSNA continuing education offerings
- Military Schooling Coordination Long-Term Health Education Training (LTHET)
- Specialty Courses
- Professional Military Courses