From the Madigan Gate, take a right at the second stop light (into the purple parking lot). You will enter Madigan at the Pharmacy entrance. The Nutrition Clinic is located on the first floor of the hospital tower (near Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, EFMP, and the Madigan Chapel).
The Madigan Nutrition Clinic offers a broad range of nutritional services designed to deliver patient-centered healthcare to Joint Base Lewis-McChord active duty service members, families and retirees. The clinic currently has four Registered Dietitians on staff. Our Registered Dietitians provide evidence-based medical nutrition therapy to active duty service members, families, and retirees.
- Patients may be seen for a variety of health conditions to include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, renal disease, eating disorders, prediabetes, weight management, and the pediatric population. Patients with diabetes are seen by Registered Dietitians in the Endocrinology clinic.
- Performance nutrition appointments are also available. These can include Metabolic Testing using Indirect Calorimetry to test your Resting Metabolic Rate and the InBody to measure your body composition. These appointment slots are held first thing in the morning at 0800 and 0830. To get the most accurate results patients should not perform any strenuous activity, eat, or consume or use caffeine, nicotine, or stimulant consuming supplements 6 hours prior to the appointment.
- Fit for Performance (FFP): FFP supports Active Duty Soldiers in meeting the Army Body Composition Program standards described in AR 600-9. This is a four week course with the initial class occurring every Wednesday at 1000. For flagged Solders, only the first class is required to receive a memorandum signed by the dietitian per AR 600-9. Classes 2-4 rotate every Tuesday at 1430. These classes dive into the many variables that can help weight loss success. Soldiers do not need to be flagged to take the class.
- Fit for Health (FFH): This is our Adult Weight Management class for family members and retirees. The class takes place the last Wednesday of the month at 1400.
- Bariatric Pathway Nutrition classes: Patients who desire bariatric surgery will go through two pre-op nutrition classes and one post-op class. These are scheduled after attending the Bariatric Seminar.
- Pregnancy Class: A class for expecting mothers. Occurs the second Monday of the month at 1030. Soldiers who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or recently were pregnant can also attend the JBLM Pregnancy Postpartum Physical Training (P3T) program.
- Most individual and group appointments at the Nutrition Clinic do not require a referral from the patient's primary care provider. Only the following populations and classes require a referral.
- Pediatric patients (18 and under)
- The second Bariatric Pathway Nutrition Class
Who can be seen here?
- Active duty, retirees and eligible family members are able to be seen in the Nutrition Clinic. Patients will need a referral from their primary care providers unless they only want to attend one of the self-referral classes mentioned above.
Our Active Duty Dietitians provide unit classes on a variety of topics that range from weight management to nutrition and performance. Complete a Nutrition Class Request to schedule a date and time.
Location of other Dietitians on JBLM
Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Dietitians
The following JBLM units have dietitians embedded in them.
1-23 IN BN | 1-2 SBCT
2-3 IN BN | 1-2 SBCT
5-20 IN BN | 1-2 SBCT
296 BSB | 1-2 SBCT